Saturday, May 16, 2015

May Basic Training-Heat Embossed Resist

Summer is well on its way and in honor of all the May flowers those April showers brought I am sharing a fun resist technique using heat embossing.

Michele here with a super easy background technique.
Here is what you will need:

I used watercolor paper.
Stamp your image with embossing ink and sprinkle with clear embossing powder.  I used Viva Las VegaStamps! high gloss embossing powder.  Now heat it up.
Spray your paper with as many colors as you would like.  I used four Colorations from Art Anthology.
Wipe the color off where is has beaded on the stamped image.  This  one is a VLVS! stamp from a new release,  Wildflower Silhouette
Move the pooling color around and dry with a heat gun.
The Coloration colors used were Waimea Bay, Timeless, Salted Carmel and Guacamole.

You will be able to see the finished card I made with this background over at Viva Las VegaStamps! on May 21.  Visit http://vivalas.blogspot.com/ to check it out.

I hope you are inspired and join us in our challenge drills this month!!  There is a great Spring mood board up right now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment