Saturday, April 11, 2015

April Basic Training - Ink Splats for Backgrounds

April showers bring May flowers and this months basic training... Michele here to share a super quick and fun technique with inks.


I used mostly inks but you can also use high flow acrylic paints or fluid acrylics mixed with water.  You will als need a spray bottle with water and a piece of watercolor paper.


Spray you paper with a generous amount of water.


Splatt your inks randomly arond the page.  For the paints you will have to add more water to get a good spread.


Be careful not to layer too many colors on top of each other, you may get mud pies on your page.  :)


I dried with my heat gun to set the color.


I cut my sheet into 2 tag bases for future use.

Thanks so much for visiting and I hope you are inspired to try this fun background technique. Thanks to Limor Webber for the inspiration.

If you would like to see what these bases ended up as please visit me over at Art Anthology on April 13th.



1 comment: