Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Happy Hump Day!

 
Wait, WHAT???? It's Hump day already... How did that happen? No really? I can't believe it's the end of May and HUMP DAY. So do you know what that means, it's time for an HUMP day project.
 
I recently thought of a fun gift I'd like to give my daughter's K- teacher as an end of the year gift. So I made this fun little tree and did it in a shadow box frame.
 
I had all the student's in the class "ink" their thumb prints and apply them to the tree. I was pretty secretive about that whole process (but when you volunteer at the school it's allot easier - teeeheee).  I wanted to make the trunk look more like wood so I used some TH inks and blended the trunk and then misted it w/ water.
 
The tree was cut using my Cricut Explore - and so was the saying, and flowers. I inked the grass and layered it.
 
This is all on card stock mounted on a piece of Doodlebug paper for a little extra color.
 
I put this in a 12x12 shadow box frame and added the vinyl to the glass.
 
Hope you enjoy it and Happy Hump Day!!
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Make sure you link up soon for your chance
 to win a prize to the Flying Unicorn!!
Terri

1 comment:

  1. So cute! My daughter is doing something similar for her wedding for the guests!

    ReplyDelete