Saturday, April 12, 2014

Basic Training


It is April already and I hope that wherever you are spring is making an appearance, FINALLY!
Michele with Stuff By Belle here on this fine Saturday to share a technique that is new to me and I am loving it!!  It is an embossing technique that incorporates ink, it is fun and has unlimited possibilities.



You will need an embossing folder, a brayer and some ink.  Of course you will need whatever machine you typically use to run your embossing folders through, I use a Big Shot.  Oh and a piece of cardstock...



Roll ink on your brayer.



And then roll the ink on your embossing folder.  Depending on the look you are going for you can ink the embossing side or the debossing side.   For this example I inked the embossing side.



Put you cardstock in and run through your machine just like you normally would.



Fun right?!!! and easy too!!!

I knew I was going to make a card so I went ahead and sprayed some seam binding with matching mist. 



Here is the finished card.



I did another one just for fun with a different embossing folder.



This is a great technique for a fast and CAS card that still wows with color!!



Both of these sentiment stamps are from Viva Las Vegastamps!

Thanks for sharing a part of your day with us here at SWAT!!  

As always we look forward to seeing what you create!!
Make sure to stop back next week to see what our second drill for April will be and make sure you link up to win!!

6 comments: