Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Caught in My Web!

Happy Hump Day Everyone!

Hello All Doris Here! Each Thursday, I'm up on the Creative Embellishments blog and last week, I shared this layout. I thought it might be nice to share it again here because CE has been the October sponsor for SWAT and contributed a wonderful Halloween themed prize pack for 1 lucky winner! :-D I created my page using a lot of gorgeous Creative Embellishments chipboard and wood pieces. I adore working with their fabulously intricate designs…so much FUN!…and have been amazed by the new designs being added each week! They've been adding new pieces almost every day!

Since I’m backlogged with a few years worth of Halloween pics, I was thrilled to see the variety of titles and designs Nicolle and Mike have been coming up with. On this particular Halloween (2 years ago), I only had the 3 youngest kids with me and Larry was running late at work. He ended up joining us further down the street which was another fun surprise for the kids since they weren’t expecting him to catch up with us. :-D Here’s what I came up with combining the CE designs with a sketch from Purple Pumpkin.


Here’s a close up of the web and spider piece from the Caught in my Web set. I altered it by dabbing it with white distress stain, then coating the web parts with stickles and filling in the spider with a Pitt big brush marker:


I altered the Spider Web Flourish Border the same way, but applied Art Anthology dimensional crystal to the flourishes with a brush. Instead of using a sweeping motion, I created more interest by dabbing it with the tip of the flat brush to create peaks:


Here’s a close up of the cluster I created by snipping a section off of the Web Panel and layering it with wood cuts. I used 2 of the Autumn Leaves and a Pumpkin. I altered the leaves using acrylic paint and the pumpkin using a mixture of acrylic paint and Art Anthology dimensional crystal:


The title piece was altered using distress stain and I applied stickles only to the words Caught and Web. The bats were altered with black acrylic paint which was dabbed on thickly with the side of my brush to give them a bit of texture:


Materials:
American Crafts cardstock
Graphic 45 Happy Haunting patterned paper
Krylon webbing
May Arts trim
cheesecloth from my stash
Tim Holtz distress stain and stickles
Art Anthology Dimensional crystal
acrylic paint
Pitt big brush marker
Tim Holtz die

Thank you for stopping by today!

See you Saturday!




2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic job you've done on this layout! Love it! What awesome embellishments! tfs

    ReplyDelete